Monday, October 11, 2010

Todays Note

Co-Dependent Checklist

1- Solving their problems or relieving their pain is the most important thing in my life – no matter what the emotional cost to me.
2- My good feelings depend on approval from them.
3- I protect them from the consequences of their behavior. I lie for them, cover up for them, and never let others say anything bad about them.
4- I try very hard to get them to do things my way.
5- I don’t pay attention to how I feel or what I want. I only care about how they feel and what they want.
6- I will do anything to avoid getting rejected by them.
7- I will do anything to avoid making them angry at me.
8- I experience much more passion in a relationship that is stormy and full of drama.
9- I am a perfectionist and I blame myself for anything that goes wrong.
10- I feel angry, unappreciated, and used a great deal of the time.
11- I pretend that everything is fine when it isn’t.
12- The struggle to get them to love me dominates my life.

I got this information from the book – Toxic Parents by Dr. Susan Forward. The book goes into much more detail so please read it, if this list applies to you and your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment